louis vuitton outlet chanel replica replica prada cheap gucci scarpe louboutin mulberry outlet replica louis vuitton louis vuitton replica borse prada louis vuitton uk burberry outlet mulberry outlet louis vuitton outlet hogan outlet louis vuitton pas cher louboutin pas cher moncler outlet moncler outlet cheap louis vuitton replica hermes cheap louis vuitton replica hermes louboutin pas cher piumini moncler mulberry outlet
Skip Navigation LinksHome

Welcome to our Church!

ST. JOHN’S VISION STATEMENT: St. John’s is proudly a multi-cultural, multi-racial, multi-lingual Christian congregation where all of God’s children are welcome. We are urban and suburban, rich and poor, conservative and liberal, black, white and brown, celebrating in English, Spanish, French, Créole and Portuguese. We are neither a ghetto nor a gated community. We are the face of Bridgeport. We are the Body of Christ. So come join us!

St. John’s Episcopal Church is the oldest Christian congregation in the City of Bridgeport. Originally founded in 1738 in the village of Stratfield, St. John’s moved into Bridgeport in 1801, the year after the Borough of Bridgeport was first incorporated, constructing a new church at the corner of State and Broad Streets, moving from its original location at the corner of King’s Highway and Church Lane, what is now North and Wood Avenues. In 1830, an even larger church was needed as the city grew, and a stone church was constructed on Broad and Cannon Streets to replace the old wooden church, which was sold to the Baptists. Then in 1883, St. John’s completed construction of its fourth structure, at our current location on the corner of Park and Fairfield Avenues, a gorgeous neo-Gothic church designed by the same architects who build St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York City. The congregation included a fair share of the wealthy, prominent, manufacturing and banking families of Bridgeport in its heyday: the Wheelers, the Burroughs, the Barnums, the Reads, all leaving their mark on St. John’s and on Bridgeport. Nathaniel Wheeler had a fountain installed on the street in front of the church, constructed by Gutzon Borglum, best known as the sculptor of Mt. Rushmore, while the widow of Charles Barnum Read had Borglum sculpt the magnificent stone reredos that still graces the high altar at St. John’s. Thus St. John’s has deep and historic roots in the city. Come and be a part of our historic community!

Gracious Father, we pray for thy holy Catholic Church. Fill it with all truth, in all truth with all peace. Where it is corrupt, purify it; where it is in error, direct it; where in any thing it is amiss, reform it. Where it is right,123456 strengthen it; where it is in want, provide for it; where it is divided, reunite it; for the sake of Jesus Christ thy Son our Savior. Amen. (BCP page 816) chanel outlet chanel bags outlet LOUIS VUITTON Italia Sito Ufficiale celine bags online mulberry sale.mulberry outlet Nike Air Max Pas Cher Nike Air Max Pas Cher